About our business
We founded Techmaven in 2017 with a single mission: to be the most successful, elite, and highly-trained consulting firm, selectively focusing on only the most prominent and demanding of clients, projects, and vendors. We approach each of our clients with fresh eyes to develop customized, unique, and ultra-reliable systems.
With over 20 years of industry experience, our technologists have designed and installed some of the most prestigious homes in the world. Based on Long Island, NY, we travel anywhere our clients need us. Are you ready to set your project vision on the path to reality?
Give us a call today and see what we can do for you.
At Techmaven we do what we love and love what we do! From researching the latest technologies to keeping up to date with product training and certifications, our goal is to provide you, our valued customer, with the best products and services around. For us, this is not only about selling products, but it’s also about the relationship we want to build with you.
We believe the first step in any relationship is building trust. We focus on listening to your wants and needs; we fine-tune them into a custom-designed proposal, helping you envision smart technology in your home. Whether you are a technophobe or a technology junky, we want to make sure your system is easy to use so everybody in your home can enjoy the system and maximize its full potential!
We take pride in our work, and we appreciate your feedback. Our reputation is built on your satisfaction!
Explore a Career at TECHMAVEN
There are jobs, and then there are careers. At Techmaven, we believe in the opportunity to challenge ourselves and learn new skills, the chance to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful, and the prospect of being surrounded by ambitious, creative, and motivated people, day in and day out. Sound appealing?
Techmaven is looking for extraordinary people to join our industry-leading team that defines the future of home automation. A stimulating and collaborative working environment, an innovation-driven fast-growing company, sensational projects, and an incredibly talented team are just a few reasons why you will love it here. Join us.
Working at Techmaven comes with many benefits. Here are just a few:
PAID TIME OFF
PAID FAMILY LEAVE
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE
COMPANY MATCHED 401K
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE
EMPLOYEE ACCOMMODATION DISCOUNTS
COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE & SNACKS
We are looking for a highly motivated and professional Business Development & Marketing Manager to help us expand our clientele and sale territory in the luxury smart home automation market. To excel in this role you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients and strategic partners.
- Researching the market and industry trends
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Presenting to management market research and industry trends with a view to developing new clients, partners, services, products, and distribution channels.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Developing marketing literature and assets
- Developing a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Growing market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships.
- Prospecting for potential new clients and opportunities
- Contacting potential clients and strategic partners to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Communicating new technology and product developments to prospective clients and industry partners
- Utilizing social media and SEO to create brand awareness and interest
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in marketing and 3 years in sales
- Thorough knowledge of the luxury smart home market
- Strong understanding of smart home systems, including, but not limited to audio, video, security systems, access control, surveillance, home theaters, control automation, lighting, motorized shades, IT, WiFi, and networking,
- Experienced with brands like Savant, Crestron, and Lutron
- Highly proficient with office software, CRM, social networking, and virtual conferencing platforms
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, with the ability to express technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Abide by all non-compete/solicit agreements
- Background check
- Clean driver’s license
We are looking for detail-oriented, highly dependable, and experienced low-voltage technicians. Typical systems we provide are audio, video, security, access control, surveillance, lighting & HVAC control, motorized shading, IT, WiFi & telecommunications. Job sites are primarily located in NYC and Long Island.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Assessing project needs and construction status
- Meeting and coordinating with job site contractors
- Low-voltage cable management, labeling, testing, and terminations
- Equipment staging, transport, and delivery
- Equipment assembly, deployment, installation, and configuration
- Rack building, populating, and wiring
- Equipment commissioning, uploading programming, testing, and debugging
- Maintaining and organizing tools, job supplies, and equipment
- Time logging and work status reporting
- Utilizing company web resources and utilities
- Continual training and learning
- Minimum 3 years of experience installing residential and commercial audio/video, security, access control, surveillance, telecommunications, and automation systems.
- Experience working on active construction sites and in finished luxury homes.
- Preferred industry and manufacturer certifications: Savant, Lutron, Crestron, Cisco, CEDIA, InfoComm, AVIXA. OSHA30 is required.
- Skilled at reading, understanding, and following plans and schematics - architectural, electrical, low-voltage, signal flow diagrams, RCPs, loads schedule, etc.
- Proficiency with Windows, Mac OS, mobile devices, and peripherals
- Adept at using all sorts of hand and power tools, digital multimeters, and testers
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 75 pounds
- Comfortable with heights and working on ladders
- Overtime and travel to different sites
- Background check
- Clean driver’s license